Gore Vidal is 83 years old and he is still as colorful and brilliant as ever. Among his witty sayings, probably, the most notable one is "Conspiracy stuff is now shorthand for unspeakable truth."
"America has 'no intellectual class' and is rotting away at a funereal pace. We’ll have a military dictatorship fairly soon, on the basis that nobody else can hold everything together."
Read the rest of the interview here
In the past, during traditional Kata competitions taiko drumming indicated the beginning and the end of the exercise. For organizers, it was self-evident that this ancient Japanese ritual should be incorporated into the biggest Kyokushin World Tournament of all time.
A taiko drum will arrive to the world tournament from the birthplace of Kyokushin karate, specifically made for this event. It will come by plane and will be used in the first time during the opening ceremony of the tournament. The drum has been made from God-tree and weighs about 150 kg including the stand. The drum will be sanctified in accord with Shintoist rituals. After the tournament, the taiko drum becomes the property of the Szentes Oyama SE dojo.
Japanese make several kinds of taiko drums ranging from small to giant one. Performing on a taiko drum requires great physical strength; a drumstick can weigh, as much as 5-6 kg. The drumming itself imitates fighting movements. The original function of the taiko drum is to invoke the help of war deities before the beginning of the battle, according to Shintoist tradition. In ancient times, drumming functioned as a disciplinary act drawing attention to the coming battle and it was a tool in the emotional and spiritual preparation of fighters.
This ancient function of drumming will be invoked symbolically, in the opening ceremony of the tournament by a group of taiko drummers; then a symphony orchestra will play the "House of the Young Lions" musical piece, which is the official hymn of the uchi-dechi-s.
"When I lived with Sosai in Japan, as an uchi-deshi, each training started with taiko drum beats. After the drumming, we meditated, then the training started. We finished the training with drum beats again. In Japanese tradition every fight begins and ends with drumming." said sensei Sándor Brezovai, the chief organizer of the event.
Three more days and the biggest Kyokushin World Tournament, up to date, will open its doors in Budapest, in the Papp László Sport Arena. Today, the organizers of the event revealed the official kanji of the tournament designed by the preeminent Japanese calligraphy artist, Matsumura Kyuukaku.
The meaning of the kanji is--the strongest of the world, sekai saikyo (in Hungarian: a világ legerősebbje). The slogan was the brainchild of sensei Sándor Brezovai; the design of the artwork incorporates angular and circular elements in a masterfully unified way by Matsumura Kyuukaku.
Kanji painter, Matsumura Kyuukaku was born in Japan, in 1972. He has received his master degree in calligraphy, after studying 2 years and 11 months, in his first calligraphy school. He participated in many competitions and received several awards for his artworks; currently, he is the Head of the Kyuukaku calligraphy school. The Imperial family is also among his customers.
The prestigious English magazine, The Economist, published a commission report card about 27 commissioners of the EU, as they ended their five year term in Brussels.
Among those that got a good grade were, Siim Kallas (administration) from Estonia, Malta’s Joe Borg (fisheries), Mariann Fischer Boel (agriculture) from Denmark and Ireland’s Charlie McCreevy (internal market).
Among "the not-so-good guys" we find Franco Frattini (justice),
Germany’s Günter Verheugen (industry), Viviane Reding (information society) and Austria’s Benita Ferrero-Waldner (external relations).
At the end of the list, we find our very own Laszlo Kovacs (tax) whose activities the magazine summed up in one short sentence, he "has left no trace of his passage through Brussels".
Are you surprised? If yes, you should be very naive. Because, this is exactly what we have expected from the ex-apparatchik and the quintessential parasite.
What do you think, what grades will Kinga Goncz and the other freeloaders, sitting in the EU parliament, get at the end of their terms?
(economist.com - hungarianambiance.com)
September 30th, Wednesday
10:00–23:00 Check int o the Hotel Aréna
17:00–20:00 Registration of contestants, presentation of the medical certifi cates in the designated hotel room
18:00 Press Conference (in Szentes)
20:00 With the attendence of the leaders of the world organizations the inauguration of the Memorial Wall int he Sosai Memorial Park in Szentes, sanctified by shinto priests
October 1st, Thursday
10:00–13:00 Meeting of the referee II. in the Parlour of the Hotel Aréna
10:00–14:00 Registration of contestants, receiveing startnumbers, presentation of the medical certificates in the designated hotel room
10:00–18:00 Weighing in the designated hotel room
15:00–18:00 Boat tour and sight seeing for the leaders of world organizations
19.00–21:00 Welcome party in the Banquet Hall of the Hotel Aréna (approximately 1000 people attending)
October 2nd, Friday
FIRST DAY OF THE WT:
10:00 Opening ceremony, the introduction of the attending world organizations, the contestants entry in suits per country
10:20 Oath in Japanese, English and Hungarian
10:30 Explanation of rules
10:45 Withdrawal of the contestants
11:00–20:00 Kumite qualifying in three arenas in men and women categories (in men category until the best 32, in women category until the best 16)
October 3rd, Saturday 10:00–14:00 Men and women kata qualifying (1st round, presentation of the obligatory standard exercise)
SECOND DAY OF THE WT:
14:00–20:00 Continuing the kumite qualifying in three arenas, per weight groups, until the best 4
October 4th, Sunday
THIRD DAY OF THE WT:
12:05 Taiko display
12:15 Ceremonious opening: – Introduction of the leaders of the world organizations and VIP guests
– A politician’s and Kancho Royama’s complimentary and opening speech
– Original archive documentary about Sosai
– 5-7-year-old children take in the leaders of world organizations to the arena by and, introduction of each leader
– All of the leaders of the world organizations with a torch in their hands light the all kyokushin fire again
– Commemoration of Sosai Oyama, while a huge picture of him descends above the arena
– Sosai ceremony with shinto ritual with the leaders of the world organizations and the high–ranking memebers of the Kyokushin–kan
13:00 Entry of the contestants in karate–gi, the best 4 per category
13:05 Oath, explanation of rules
13:30 Devils and Angels
13:50 Kata 2nd round, display of the optional kata (best 8 in men and women categories)
14:15 The breaking performance of the best 4 contestants in all categories: seiken, shuto, higi, kakato
15:00 Childrens demonstration kyokushin-kan
15:30 Fights for the finals
18:30 Kumite finals
20:00 Announcement of the results, taking pictures, closing of the tournament, Taiko closing ceremony
22:00 Sayonara party at the Banquet Hall of the Hotel Aréna
The Trophies--all individually designed and handcrafted
A new digital version of the Rubik cube, called TouchCube, will go on sale in October; for the time being only in the United States. The TouchCube will have light and acoustic effects to make playing more pleasurable. To see how the new toy works, take a look at this video.
Hungary's Balazs Kiss (top) is held by Sweden's Jimmy Lidberg during their 96 kg Greco-Roman gold medal match at the World Wrestling Championships 2009 in Herning September 26, 2009.
At the Greco-Roman Wrestling World Championships, in HERNING, Denmark, Balázs Kiss won gold at 96 kg category.
Előd Tóásó is sick and doing his best to survive in the dreadful San Pedro prison. He got flu and some kind of stomach infection due to poor quality prison food. He also lost weight.
He has been kept in an isolated section of the jail reserved for political prisoners. This gives him a relative protection against common criminals making up the majority of the prison population.
The temperature is 10-15 Celsius during the day and around zero during the night. He gets visited by an appointed consul and a local Hungarian woman, on the weekly basis.
He spends his time by carving "Székelykapu" and learning Spanish.
There is a major effort underway aiming at sending 100 thousand signatures to Bolivian authorities in support of the Tóásó. For more info visit the Előd Tóásó website.
Dóra Dúró, the Head of the Educational and Cultural Committee of Jobbik
The beginning of the school year brings tons of extra expenses for parents; to ease the financial burden on families, Jobbik proposes a system where schools would lend textbooks to students for the entire school year; at the end of the term, students return the books to the school for reuse. A system like this would require regulating and standardizing textbook publishing. Also, textbook publishing should be nationalized to keep expenses down.
These solutions are already implemented in many Western European and Scandinavian countries: students use textbooks for free and return them at the end of the school year for next term students. They pay only for damages, if any. To be able to set this system up, textbook publishing should be regulated; in other words, making sure that the content of schoolbooks won't change needlessly. Practicality should replace profit considerations. In order to make the system workable, exercises should be presented in cheaper workbooks rather than including them in textbooks (standardized and large volume publishing more cost effective).
According to Jobbik, the steady demand of the educational market calls for the nationalization of textbook publishing, which is possible and desirable.
The parties in parliament are partly responsible for the rising school expenses that in this year, for a first grade pupil has reached the 100 thousand forint level; this could have happened because since 1992, officials have been allowing the prices of textbooks to rise, on the yearly basis.
In parliament, Jobbik will table proposals about the implementation of a system outlined above, in order to lift as much financial burden from the shoulders of families as possible.
Translated by poppyseed
It was, exactly, 100 days ago when the regime ordered the arrest of the innocent patriot falsely accusing him of terrorism. Police have never produced any evidence about the case; in fact, they withdrew the original fairy tale that linked him to the imaginary Magyarok Nyilai terrorist organization and came up with new charges; this time accusing him of being the founder of the Hunnia organization.
He has been held in the Vác city jail with other patriots. The regime keeps him in isolation; not even his wife allowed to see him.
Krisztina Morvai said today, she intend to put pressure on the justice system by requesting explanation about the charges and the evidence on which the patriot is being held. As a human rights activist and as a member of the European Parliament, she also wants to visit him in jail.
There is a donation drive for helping the families of the imprisoned patriots. Those who would like to help can do so through paypal, on the szentkoronaradio.com site. Click on the donate button, write "hazafiak" in the entry field and proceed as usual.
While police regularly harassing peaceful citizens expressing their constitutional rights during demonstrations, they do nothing to persecute people openly defy the law. The latter case is clearly manifest itself in a photo session, you can see in the video, where a whore exposes herself in public on the busiest streets of Budapest, offending citizens and children happen to be in the area.
Police brushed off citizens complains about the indecent exposure by saying, they could do nothing against public nudity.
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has ordered the replacement of the US dollar by the euro in the country's foreign exchange accounts.
The September 12 edict was issued following a decision by the trustees of the country's foreign reserves, Mehr News Agency reported.
Earlier, the Islamic Republic of Iran had announced that the euro would replace the greenback in the country's oil transactions. Iran has called on other OPEC members to ditch the sinking dollar in favor of the more credible euro.
Following the switch, the interest rate for the facilities provided from the Foreign Exchange Reserves will be reduced from12 to 5 percent.
Since being introduced by the European Union, the euro has gained popularity internationally and there are now more euros in circulation than the dollar.
The move will also help decouple Iran from the US banking system.
George Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 � June 22, 2008) was an American stand-up comedian, actor and author who won four Grammy Awards for his comedy albums.
Carlin was especially noted for his political and black humor and his observations on language, psychology, and religion along with many taboo subjects. Carlin and his "Seven Dirty Words" comedy routine were central to the 1978 U.S. Supreme Court case F.C.C. v. Pacifica Foundation, in which a narrow 5-4 decision by the justices affirmed the government's right to regulate Carlin's act on the public airwaves.
In the 2000s, Carlin's stand-up routines focused on the flaws in modern-day America. He often took on contemporary political issues in the United States and satirized the excesses of American culture.
Jobbik released a compiled list of criminal cases where gypsies attacked, injured and killed innocent Hungarians. Most of the criminal offenses were unprovoked.
1) Sixteen year old Norbert Kiss was beaten to death in Kecskemét, on August 23, 1993 in broad daylight by three Gypsies with wooden posts planted for tree support. The criminals were sentenced to three and half year jail term.
2) Gypsy criminal Béla Zsolna of Nagydorog of Tolna County, mugged and beat to death one of his older acquaintance, on January 21, 2004.
3) In the Beirut Rock Cafe of Hódmezővásárhely, a 30 member criminal group, living off drug trafficking and prostitution, attacked Hungarian teenagers. One of the teeangers was stabbed, his jacket was pulled open to inflict the fatal injury.
4) Forty Gypsies assaulted two policemen who were investigating a Gypsy criminal wanted on a warrant, in Örkény on May 8, 2005.
5) The owner of a pub was attacked in Hajdúhadház, on June 7, 2005 by Gypsy criminals who are also assaulted the responding police officers.
6) On June 7, 2005 in Dunavecse, two teenage Gypsies stabbed the female attendant of a video store causing life-threatening injuries, because she didn't let them watch movies in the store.
7) Three Gypsy criminals got into fight with an individual in Balatonboglár on a train; then the victim was thrown off from the passing train at Balatonfenyves. The man suffered life-threatening head injuries.
8) In September 2005, fifty nine year old Mrs. Katalin Jakab Ördög of Ópályi was picking peas when she was assaulted and beaten to death from behind with an iron bar by two Gypsy criminals.
9) November 3, 2005, in the underpass in Western Square, 15 Gypsies picked on a patrolling security guard. Three assailants were put out of action by the guard's gas pistol, but once his weapon ran empty, the remaining members of the group tackled and seriously injured him.
10) In December 2005, three Gypsy teenagers tortured the 47 year old István A. in Pásztó to get hold of a large sum of money he had inherited. István A. died of his wounds. His body was dismembered with a chainsaw and the remains were thrown into a nearby sewage pit.
11) On March 11, 2006, in District XI, in Budapest, a fifteen year old Gypsy criminal stabbed a 17 year old Hungarian male in the streetcar stop, on Fehérvári Avenue. The victim was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.
12) On March 11, 2006, in the town of Inke, a 59 year old Hungarian man got into an argument with his Gypsy neighbor whose friends were cruising with their car causing public disturbance. The man pleaded with gypsies to stop it whereupon he was attacked. To defend himself the man used his Flober pistol hitting one of the Gypsy assailants on the face who was lifted to the hospital with injury requiring over eight days of recuperation. One of the Gypsies jumped into his car, drove into the courtyard of the Hungarian man and ran over him causing serious leg injuries.
13 On May 1, 2006, in the town of Olaszliszka, drunk Gypsy teenagers roughed up a man in his own courtyard. The teenagers attacked the man because he didn't give them money. The victim's wife called the police, but following their departure the criminals returned and continued beating the man with iron bars and wooden sticks resulting various arm and leg fractures. The police learned about the crime after the victim was taken to the hospital, because the couple did not dare to call the police again.
14) On July 20, 2006, in Makó, András Kurai, a 15 year old Gypsy criminal raped the 18 year old Henrietta Pénzes, then tied the girl to a tree-trunk and set her on fire. Within a few days, the Hungarian girl died.
15) On October 2006, four Gypsy criminals tortured a sixteen year old Hungarian teenager for days, in the Regional Youth Correctional Facility of Miskolc prison. The teenager had to fight with each Gypsy, then he was repeatedly raped. The Gypsy cell mates then made a rope from bed sheets and hanged him. The teenager survived because he was able to slip his hand between the rope and his neck. One of the cellmates who couldn't watch the suffering of the boy alerted the guards.
16) In the morning of October 7, 2006, in Tiszacsege, Gábor Farkas, the 22 year old resident of Jászberény was beaten to death by Gypsy criminals. Farkas was in town to winterize the family’s summer cottage. In the evening, he visited a local establishment with his friend and got in a conversation with a local girl. Some members of the well known Bari Gypsy crime-family picked on the Hungarians, who then attempted to settle the matter peacefully. A score of Gypsies followed them beat Farkas to death on the street.
17) On October 15, 2006, several dozens of Gypsy criminals lynched the 44 year old Lajos Szögi in plain view of his daughters.
18) On November 2006, in Orosháza, a 68 year old Hungarian farmer was attacked and seriously injured by Gypsy criminals breaking into his house.
19) In November 2006 in Kerekhegy, in the vicinity of Miskolc, Gypsy criminals murder a Hungarian man on his own property.
20) On December 2, 2006, in Eger, a Hungarian university student is beaten by Gypsy criminals for no reason causing serious injuries to him.
21) On April 8, 2007, in Easter Monday, a 19 year old Gypsy murders the 99 year old Piroska Lajos.
22) On May 17, 2007, Kisleta, in the Szabolcs County Elementary School the son of a Gypsy woman stabs one of his classmates. Apparently, prior to the altercation, the two children had a disagreement on the curricilum.
23) On June 18, 2007, in Tuzser of Szabolcs-Szatmar-Bereg county, in the early morning, a 12 year old Gypsy perpetrator sneaked into a 19 year old Hungarian female's home and stabbed her to death in her sleep, because the girl reprimanded him a day earlier for misbehavior.
24) On July 23, 2007, in Dunakeszi, a Gypsy woman asked cigarettes from an elderly Hungarian lady. Because she didn't get one, she robbed and stabbed the lady to death.
25) On August 16, 2007, in Kallo, in Nograd county Gypsies assaulted a Hungarian man with iron bars when caught them red handed stealing crops. The man was lifted to the hospital with life-threatening injuries; the crime hasn't been investigated yet.
26) On September 13, 2007, in Piricse, Szabolcs-Szatmar-Bereg county, three Gypsy criminals attack and bludgeon to death a local pub owner.
27) On September 16, 2007 in the XI district of Budapest, in the Black Dog Pub, two Gypsy criminals slashed the bar attendant with a samurai sword. The Hungarian man was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
28) On November 5, 2007, on the Ferenc Korut and Ulloi Avenue, a pregnant woman was attacked by a Gypsy. She was hit repeatedly and robbed.
29) On November 11, 2007, in Szalonna, a 15 year old Gypsy murdered and robed a 93 year old Hungarian woman. After a short time in custody, authorities set the murderer free unlike the young Hungarians of Szigetvar that were indefinitely incarcerated after a brawl. Racist discrimination!
30) On November 18, 2007, in Gadna, a Gypsy perpetrator raped and stabbed a 88 year old woman; he then gouged her eyes out, split her skull with a hammer and cut her legs off. In terms of brutality, this case is unprecedented even by Gypsy standards.
(to be continued)
According to the recent survey of Századvég-Forsense, if a national election would be held today, only three parties could get into the Parliament--Fidesz, MSZP and Jobbik. Among decided voters, Fidesz leads the field by the margin of 57 % , the MSZP is second by 25% and Jobbik is the third by 12 % support. The other parties are all well below the threshold limit necessary to get into the parliament.
The heads of State of the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan,
Attaching great value to the positive role of the Shanghai Five over the five years of its existence in promoting and intensifying relations of good-neighbourliness, mutual trust and friendship among the member States, strengthening peace and stability in the region and facilitating joint development,
Unanimously believing that the establishment and development of the Shanghai Five was in keeping with the needs of mankind and the historic trend towards peace and development in the conditions which prevailed after the end of the cold war and opened out enormous potential for good-neighbourliness, unity and cooperation through mutual respect and mutual trust among States belonging to different civilizations and having different cultural traditions,
Particularly noting that the agreements on confidence-building in the military field and on the mutual reduction of armed forces in the border area signed in Shanghai and Moscow in 1996 and 1997 respectively by the heads of the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tajikistan, and also the final documents signed during the meetings at Alma Ata (1998), Bishkek (1999) and Dushanbe (2000), made an important contribution to the maintenance of peace, security and stability in the region and throughout the world, significantly enriched the practice of modern diplomacy and regional cooperation and had a broad and positive influence on the international community,
Being firmly convinced that in the context of the dynamic development of the processes of political multipolarity and of globalization in the economic and information spheres in the twenty-first century, the progression of the Shanghai Five mechanism to a higher level of cooperation will help in making more effective joint use of the possibilities which are opening out and in withstanding new challenges and threats,
Solemnly declare the following:
1. The People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Uzbekistan hereby establish the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
2. The goals of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization are: to strengthen mutual trust, friendship and good-neighbourliness between the member States; to encourage effective cooperation between them in the political, trade and economic, scientific and technical, cultural, educational, energy, transport, environmental and other spheres; and to undertake joint efforts for the maintenance of peace, security and stability in the region, and the building of a new, democratic, just and rational international political and economic order.
3. Within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, annual official meetings of the heads of State and regular meetings of the heads of Government of the member States shall be held alternately in each of the member States. In order to expand and intensify cooperation in all spheres, new mechanisms may be established, as necessary, in addition to the existing mechanisms for meetings of the heads of the relevant departments, and also permanent and temporary expert working groups may be convened to study plans and proposals on the further development of cooperation.
4. The “Shanghai spirit” formed in the process of the development of the Shanghai Five, characterized by mutual trust, mutual advantage, equality, joint consultations, respect for cultural diversity and the desire for joint development, is an invaluable asset gained by the countries of the region over the years of cooperation. It will grow, and in the new century will become the norm in relations among the States members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
5. The States members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization firmly adhere to the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, the principles of mutual respect for independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity, equal rights and mutual advantage, resolution of all issues through joint consultations, non-interference in internal affairs, non-use or threat of use of military force, and renunciation of unilateral military advantage in contiguous areas.
6. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization has been established on the basis of the agreements on confidence-building in the military field and on the mutual reduction of armed forces in the border area signed in Shanghai and Moscow in 1996 and 1997 respectively. Cooperation within its framework is already under way in political, trade and economic, cultural, scientific and technical and other spheres. The principles embodied in the aforementioned agreements define the basis for relations between the States members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
7. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization is not an alliance directed against other States and regions and it adheres to the principle of openness. It declares its willingness to develop dialogue, contacts and cooperation of all kinds with other States and appropriate international and regional organizations and, on the basis of consensus, to admit as new members States which share the objectives and goals of cooperation within the framework of the organization and the principles set forth in paragraph 6 and also other provisions of this Declaration and whose admission may help achieve that cooperation.
8. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization attaches priority to regional security and shall make all necessary efforts to maintain it. The member States shall engage in close cooperation with a view to the implementation of the Shanghai Convention on combating terrorism, separatism and extremism, including the establishment of a regional anti-terrorist structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization with headquarters in Bishkek. In addition, appropriate multilateral documents shall be drawn up on cooperation in curbing illicit trafficking in arms and narcotic drugs, illegal migration and other types of criminal activity.
9. The Shanghai Cooperation Organization has enormous potential and broad possibilities for mutually advantageous cooperation of the member States in the trade and economic sphere and shall make efforts to promote the further development and diversification of cooperation among member States at the bilateral and multilateral levels. To this end, within the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, a negotiating process shall be undertaken on the establishment of favourable conditions for trade and investments, a long-term programme of multilateral trade and economic cooperation shall be drawn up, and also the relevant documents shall be signed.
10. The States members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization shall strengthen the consultation mechanism and coordinate action on regional issues and international problems, provide mutual support and develop close cooperation on major international and regional issues, and jointly facilitate the consolidation of peace and stability in the region and throughout the world, believing that the preservation of global strategic balance and stability in the current international situation is of particular importance.
11. In order to coordinate cooperation and organize interaction between the competent ministries and departments of the States members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, a council of national coordinators of the member States of this organization is hereby established.
The activities of this council shall be determined by the provisional statute approved by the Ministers for Foreign Affairs of the member States.
The council of national coordinators shall be instructed, on the basis of this Declaration and the documents adopted earlier by the heads of State in the framework of the Shanghai Five, to formulate a draft Charter of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, which shall contain a clear set of provisions on the goals, object, objectives and directions of future cooperation of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, the principles and procedure for the admission of new members, the legal force of the decisions adopted by it and means of cooperation with other international organizations, and shall submit it for signature during the meeting of heads of State in 2002.
In analysing the experience of the past and assessing future prospects, the heads of the member States firmly believe that the establishment of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization marks the beginning of a new stage in the development of cooperation among the member States and is in keeping with the trends of the modern era, the realities of this region, and the fundamental interests of the peoples of all the member States.
(Signed) Jiang Zemin
President of the People’s Republic of China
(Signed) N. A. Nazarbaev
President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
(Signed) A. A. Akayev
President of the Kyrgyz Republic
(Signed) V. V. Putin
President of the Russian Federation
(Signed) E. S. Rakhmonov
President of the Republic of Tajikistan
(Signed) I. Karimov
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
A new dormitory of the Déva Foundation was anointed today in a heartfelt ceremony, in Csiksomlyó. The Déva Foundation has been dreamed up by Csaba Böjte, a Franciscan monk that during the past two decades created an amazing network of buildings throughout Erdély, serving as dormitories for abandoned and poor children.
The opening ceremony started with a mass. After the mass students recited poetry and entertained the audience with musical performances.
The building complex offers a clean and friendly environment for disadvantaged children, an opportunity that many of them could have never hoped for without the help of the foundation.
Take a look some of the heartwarming images.
Jobbik members of European Parliament would address to the Hungarian Parliament in the next year budget debate, said Krisztina Morvai. The law allows members of the EP to talk to the parliament for two and half minutes for each member. Krisztina Morvai said they would like to exploit the opportunity to the maximum.
"The time is right for the new force--Jobbik--to show its potentials, both in home and European affairs" said Ms. Morvai.
Hungarian paddlers won four medals in the first day of the World Championship Canoe Marathon 2009.
In Race 2, K1 Women Junior, Alexandra Georgopoulou won the gold medal. In the same race Enikő Vaczai got the bronze.
In Race 4, K1 Women Under 23, Eszter Havas won the bronze medal.
In Race 3, C1 Men Junior, Ádám Dóczé also won bronze.
The World Championship Canoe Marathon 2009 has a 4,3 kilometers lap,
2000 meters from turning point to turning point and 150 meters radius both sides.
The start, finish line and portage are near the nautical club of crestuma, as seen in the picture below.
All athletes have to navigate, during the race, with all the signalized path boys on the left side, preventing different groups of paddlers to cross between them.
She said she hardly slept in the previous night because she was so exited. She said she almost cried when received her Hungarian identity card; now, she is officially Hungarian.
Her mother and sister, were also present during the ceremony.
Magdi (23) was born in Vajdaság, currently belongs to Serbia.
Very well said, you had the right to be a citizen because you are Hungarian just as any Hungarian, regardless of his or her birthplace. We all belong together. Change is on the way.
Norbert Növényi, the one time Olympic wrestler, kick-box and MMA world champion indicated he wanted to compete at the All Kyokushin World Tournament in Budapest, the next month. However, Norbert Növényi is not part of the Hungarian National Team and in order to compete, he needs the personal approval of kancho Hatsuo Royama.
The 52 year old martial artist will fly to Tokyo for a personal interview, sometime the next week.
It turned out that Növényi has been training for the Tournament, in secret, for a while.
Norbert Növényi was introduced to wrestling when he was 3 years old. He won an Olympic gold medal in Moscow, in 1980. He retired from active competition in 1984.
Soon after, he returned into the limelight as kick-boxer. He won a European and World Champion gold medal in kickboxing, in 1986 and 1987.
On January 17, 2009, at age 52, he won a World Champion medal in MMA.
He is also a 1 dan Zen Bu Kan Kempo master.
Ferenc Gyurcsany, the one time Prime Minister of Hungary, was outraged because the opposition Fidesz dared to question his contribution to the country's “economic success story”. The Fidesz suggested that the new government will have to implement a strategy similar to the post-war reconstruction.
In his blog, Mr. Gyurcsany questions the validity of the claim because in his mind the country is successful. The new bridges, the new apartment buildings and the growth of internet use are the proof of that.
In the blog, he talks about Leonard Cohen, Esterházy, Nádas, Spiró, Závada, Parti-Nagy and Darvasi; this is to show that the country is a bustling cultural scene attracting big names from all over the world.
The blog becomes quite surreal at the point when Mr. Gyurcsany begins fantasizing about the Hungarian paradise full of sailboats and internet addicted children chatting and posting messages in cyberspace. He concludes by suggesting that the prosperity is already reality and he and his party are the assurances that it will linger. The recovery plan of the Fidesz is nonsensical. In a surprising move, he said “those who don't appreciate their own accomplishments won't be respected by others”.
His narration of events resembles to the account of a Colombian drug lord, showing his guests around in his fortified living quarters where the distinguished members of the crime syndicate are chit-chatting about idle things, oblivious of the misery of the rest of the population.
Understandably, Mr. Gyurcsany doesn't talk about unemployment and the tens of thousands of people that are loosing their homes and livelihood on a daily basis. Neither, do we hear about the hundreds of thousands of people that are living in fear and terror from gypsy criminals, tacitly supported by the complicit government. How about the crippled medicare, the bankrupted school system and the impaired transportation system, Mr Gyurcsany? Why don't you talk about corruption that is rotting the very foundations of our social institutions?
It is an insult that a man like the psychopathic ex-Prime Minister is still in the position where he can continue lying and deceiving.
Mr. Gyurcsany was the inspiration behind the atrocious human rights violations committed by the corrupt police force, in 2006, against protesters celebrating the anniversary of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution. More about this here.
When it comes to summing up the meaning of Mr. Gyurcsany's discourse, one can luckily call upon the most authentic source, the man himself that concluded his own contribution to Hungarian politics in his remarkable speech in Balatonőszöd:''We lied in the morning, we lied in the evening...We did everything to keep that secret to the end of the electoral campaign...We screwed up, big time... No country in Europe has been so blatant. We obviously lied through the past one and a half to two years. And meanwhile, we didn't do a thing for four years -- nothing.''
In an outrageous move, the Hungarian police stormed László Toroczkai's wedding party for the request of the Romanian police. Police officers entered into the Motel where the guests slept and took some of them into custody, including Toroczkai himself.
Among those who have been taken into custody were the lead singer of the Hungarica rock band Balázs Sziva, Gyula Zagyva the president of HVIM and members of the Budaházy family.
It turned out that someone removed the Romanian and Serbian emblems from the Trianon obelisk located at the Hungarian-Romanian-Serbian border that triggered the raid.
Those who have been taken into custody handcuffed and photographed by police said László Toroczkai in a statement sent to the press.
According to Toroczkai, it was obvious that police have been monitoring the party and the movements of the guests invited.
The damaged obelisk
In an address to Jerzy Buzek in the EU Parliament, Krisztina Morvai called upon the President to help removing Kinga Goncz from the position of vice-chairwoman of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs.
Kinga Goncz was the Minister of Foreign Affairs in the Gyurcsany government that ordered the police force, in 2006, to shoot at innocent people celebrating the anniversary of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution. The police crackdown was unprecedented both in terms of brutality and viciousness; it was the kind of crackdown, we got used to seeing in Burma and other third world dictatorships. Take a look at the images here.
As a Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kinga Goncz was a co-conspirator in the crime committed by the psychopathic Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany and his accomplices in 2006.
It is indeed a shame that with a background like this, Kinga Goncz can occupy an important position in the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs. Kinga Goncz is an embarrassment for the European Union.
After the speech, Kinga Goncz slandered Ms. Morvai calling her a representative of a Fascist party and the innocent demonstrators fascists—the usual unimaginative mantra, we got used to hearing from politicians lacking intellectual clout to argue intelligently. Ms. Morvai rejected the accusations.
If you ask a Hungarian what he or she can recall about Kinga Goncz, as a member of the government, you probably get an answer like she was unkempt.
In truth, she was the prototypical flunky, the obedient servant without the tiniest traces of charisma, whatsoever. It wouldn't be too far fetched to say that she was appointed into the position of foreign affairs just because the constitution requires the position to be filled. She served her bosses well that's for sure. As a reword, she got appointed into the EU Parliament by her psychopathic and megalomaniac boss, the ex-prime minister Ferenc Gyurcsany that still pulls the marionette strings from the background.
During her tenure as a Minister of Foreign Affairs, she was the quintessential inaction effectively denigrating the position of foreign affairs into the level of pretension.
There are thousands of pictures and video footage showing police brutality during the 2006 celebrations and when she was reminded of the atrocities, the only answer she could come up with “fascists”. Congratulations, what an intellectual achievement.
Understandably, no Hungarian MEP stood up to defend Kinga Goncz. Then the leader of the Party of European Socialists, Martin Schulz rose and argued with the exact same intellectual vigor, as Ms. Goncz. Jobbik was fascist said Mr. Schulz. I am impressed with the sophistication of his argument. According to Wikipedia, Mr. Schulz is a bookseller; probably, he read too many books on fascism that's why he is so good in ghostbusting, I mean fascist ghostbusting.
(barikad.hu - hungarianambiance.com)
Date: Friday September 11th, 2009
MOSCOW, September 11 (RIA Novosti) – The vector of Russian interest is switching from Europe and the United States to Asia, a Canadian analyst said after a meeting with the Russian premier on Friday.
Piotr Dutkiewicz, director of the Institute of European and Russian Studies at the Carleton University (Ottawa, Canada) and a member of the Valdai Discussion Club, met with Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of the Valdai forum, and drew three main conclusions from the meeting.
“The main one is that this time he was very pragmatic in his approach to Europe, in his approach to the situation in the U.S.,” Dutkiewicz said, describing Putin’s approach as “non-ideological, very step-by-step.”
His second impression was that “the vector of [Russia's] interest is switching from Europe and United States to Asia.”
Russia made several attempts to collaborate with Europe on aerospace and high tech projects, but Europe was nonresponsive. Instead, Russia is now successfully cooperating in these areas with India and Israel.
A Chinese political analyst welcomed Russia’s Asian ambitions.
“It was very interesting to hear Putin’s opinion on the development of the ‘Eastern vector’ in Russia’s foreign policies. And Russia will develop the ‘Western vector’ as well,” said Feng Shaolei, dean of the School of Advanced International and Area Studies at East China Normal University.
Shaolei, who also heads the Chinese Center for Russian Studies, praised this as “strategic thinking.”
“Russia will be playing a very important role between the East and the West,” the Chinese professor said.
The third conclusion drawn by Dutkiewicz was that Russia believes there is a need for a different kind of collective security arrangement.
“OSCE is not working properly,” the Canadian professor quoted Putin as saying. “Unless we succeed in building a security framework that will satisfy everybody, we are going to create a dangerous environment,” he said.
Overall, Dutkiewicz said, Putin “sounded like a manager.”
“It was not political, it was a very administrative-like presentation,” he said.
On a church property, in Erdőtelek, Sándor Rácz, representing the World Federation of Hungarians, unveiled a Trianon memorial. In his speech, he said the Freemasons that had decided on the fate of Hungary after the First World War and the Trianon treaty itself was only a formality. The organization had an agent in Hungary, called Mihály Károlyi and the Entente sent Bela Kun to organize a communist party in Hungary, similar to Lenin that was sent to Saint Petersburg to take over the Tsar.
Gábor Vona and members of the New Hungarian Guard were also present during the ceremony. In his speech, Vona called Trianon the biggest tragedy of the nation. The treaty divided families, including gypsy families, and its impact is still with us. The aftermath of the tragedy manifests itself, in the fact that Hungary joined to the EU on the most disadvantageous terms and that the current regime persecutes the Hungarian Guard.
József Tóthpál, the chief of Jobbik's Erdőtelek chapter said that Hungary was still on a downhill, in a spiritual, intellectual and moral sense. He called Trianon the Hungarian holocaust; he said that nobody had the right to question its reality or challenge the wishes of the people to grieve for it.
The memorial was blessed by József Molnár Roman Catholic priest.
Natasa Janics, the three time Olympic Champion paddler, got married, today, to her long time boyfriend Szilárd Csányi, in Szeged. The ceremony took place in a closed family setting with friends and team-members were also invited. Natasa's girlfriend and teammate, Katalin Kovács arrived to the wedding with a private jet from Potsdam, Germany, where she participated in a German-Hungarian sprint competition.
History has been written today, as the first unit of the Hungarian Guard Gendarmerie devision swore in, in the town of Kerepes. The ceremony was held on a private property in order to avoid government intervention. However, this fact didn't prevent gypsy and government criminals to harass the ceremony.
As usual, an overwhelming police force were present during the ceremony but members of Hungarian Guard formed a circle around the new recruits and while police were doing identity checks the new recruits swore in, in an orderly fashion, in front of the effigy of the Holly Crown representing the historical constitution of the nation.
Gábor Vona was also present during the swearing in ceremony.
Take a look at the picture gallery.