Katinka Hosszu (HUN) claimed her second gold medal of the FINA World Championships when she added the 400m individual medley title to the 200m IM she won on Day 2 in the pool. Hosszu, who had won the 400 IM in 2009, reclaimed the crown in style, leading throughout, inside world record pace until the concluding freestyle leg.
1. Hosszú Katinka (Hungary) 4:30.41
2. Mireia Belmonte García (Spain) 4:31.21
3. Elizabeth Beisel (USA) 4:31.69
4. Madeline Dirado (USA) 4:32.70
5. Hannah Miley (GB) 4:34.16
6. Jakabos Zsuzsanna (Hungary) 4:34.50
(fina.org - hungarianambiance.com)