Tragedy struck Hungarian athletics

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Due to carbon monoxide poisoning, one of the most promising decathlonist, 13-year-old Zita Kun died Wednesday in Eger.

The highly talented multiple Hungarian junior champion became ill Sunday in her home by suffering severe carbon monoxide poisoning while taking a shower.

Doctors fought in vain for her life, the little girl fell into a coma and doctors could not revive her.

Zita Kun was the athlete of the Eger City Sports School; she leads the Hungarian ranking in five events; in long jump 560 centimeters was her best. In Warsaw she set long jump record in the junior category and in Dortmund she won two events.

Attila Spiriev, the technical director of the Hungarian Athletics Federation writes on MASZ website: "Zita Kun was one of the most beautiful pearl of Hungarian and international athletics... There was a bright future ahead of her... We have lost a wonderful person, an amazing talent, a potential world-class athlete, and a future Olympic medalist. I can't even imagine how her family cope with the loss".

( –


Post a Comment

Comments using obscene language, or comments calling for hate and violence will be deleted.

Dear Reader,

The comment section of this blog has been shut down due to the activity of a nasty agent provocateur who has been targeting this website for quite some time.

Have a nice day!