The memorial pays tribute to thousands of Hungarian and German civilians massacred by Czechoslovak army soldiers after the Second World War; the memorial was unveiled near the mass graves and the internment camp that was set up after hostilities ended in 1945.
The memorial service organized by several ethnic Hungarian organizations in Slovakia, the government of Hungary and MEP Pál Csáky.
The memorial incorporates a decorated forged cross embedded in rock. The plaque commemorating Hungarian and German civilian victims who were massacred by the Czechoslovak Army 17th infantry regiment after June 20, 1945 as part of an ethnic cleansing operation. The internment camp operated until 1949.
This was a real "Hungarian Calvary scene"; even though the war ended in May 1945, the Czechoslovak army continued killing civilians in high numbers told MEP Pál Csáky to MTI.
"It was a mass murder" plain and simple; the fact that finally, ethnic Hungarians allowed to honor the victims of the mass murder Slovakian democracy took a big step forward added the MEP.
(felvidek.ma – hungarianambiance.com)